Re: OT:Search Engines-Amazon

From: Rachel Carmichael <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 12:22:42 GMT

Amazon uses Altavista (according to Altavista). CDNow uses Verity (according to people I have spoken with at CDNow).

if you go to www.altavista.com and look for their search engine, they list the customers who use it. www.verity.com does the same.

We have been looking at search engines recently. There are good and bad points to both altavista and verity, but they seem to be the top ones out there.

Rachel