Re: encrypt passwords and hold on Oracle tables

From: Tom Tyson <tomtysonjr_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:29:50 -0700 (PDT)

There are lots of different ways of doing encryption, my favorite way that I have used in the past was to use Oracle 8's extproc to call a shared Library in unix. What I did was create a PL/SQL wrapper function that would make call to the crpyt shared library. I then made another PL/SQL function that would generate a random seed, and then yet another function that would make the call to generate the random seed and pass the "clear" password and the random seed to the wrapper function which would pass back the encrypted password.

Tom Tyson
Exodus Communications

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail – Free email you can access from anywhere! Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 09:29:50 CDT