Re: Max initial size on WinNT server

From: Lyall Barbour <lbarbour_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 07:49:47 -0700

Can you show us your statement? Are you actually typing in STORAGE (INITIAL 5G NEXT blah PCTINCREASE blah) ?

I'm not sure about the maximum size, I know you can't have an extent spanning datafiles and I always thought datafiles really shouldn't be larger then 2 gig. I know I've made 3 and 4 gig datafiles.... anyway, ummmmm, ya, not sure about the max initial. But you definitely can't have extents spanning datafiles, and you can't say INITIAL 2G or 3G, you must put INITIAL 5000M. Or if you want to be exact, calculate 5 gig into megabytes.

HTH
Lyall Barbour