RE: Index creation and locking

From: Linda Hagedorn <Linda_at_pets.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 09:01:52 -0700

Thanks Ronen. I was creating an index with low cardinality and tried bitmap and explain, but the optimizer wouldn't take the path. So I dropped and recreated it as btree, and the optimizer chose to use it. This behaviour is not consistent with the book. When I have free time, I'll take it up with support.

Table 1M rows, cardinality 3, highly skewed, rows with the value in the where clause=2000. It's a good index for this query.

Author: Linda Hagedorn
  INET: Linda_at_pets.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Author: Linda Hagedorn INET: Linda_at_pets.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). -- Author: Ronen Levit INET: RonenL_at_talmai.com Fat City Network Services -- (858) 538-5051 FAX: (858) 538-5051 San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing Lists