DBMS_JOBS

From: David Mauzey <dmj_at_mdcl.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 11:43:53 -0500

I am having trouble getting dbms_job entries to execute. I have several dbms_job entries which receive error in the alert.log file. The database is Oracle version 8.0.5 running on UNIX Solaris 2.7. The test dbms_job is a simple insert of sysdate and user into a temporary table. The error is "ORA-02394: exceeded session limit on IO usage, you are being logged off". The user which created the job does not have a limit on the user profile parameter LOGICAL_READ_PER_SESSION. JOB_QUEUE_PROCESSES has been manipulated from values of 3 to 10 with no success. I can execute successfully the dbms_job by performing the dbms_job.run command; however, the SNP background process continues to fail.

Can anyone point me in a direction to resolve this problem?

Thanks.

David Mauzey
ppoONE.com
a MedicalControl Company
(214) 267-3410
dmj_at_ppoone.com Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 11:43:53 CDT