RE: DROP DATABASE

From: Carle, William T (Bill), NBSO <wcarle_at_att.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 13:57:19 -0500

Hi,

    You can drop the RBS tablespace. I assume since you're dropping the whole database, you won't have anyone accessing it anyway. If you want to save the data, just export all the tables and you can re-import them after you build the new database. To get rid of the database, just drop all the tablespaces, shut the database down, and delete all the files. Then rebuild from scratch and import your data.

Bill

		Author: Eliane Bischoff Trauer
		  INET: eliane_at_hotpop.com

		Fat City Network Services    -- (858) 538-5051  FAX: (858)
538-5051
		San Diego, California        -- Public Internet access /
Mailing Lists

		(or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from).
You may
		also send the HELP command for other information (like