Oracle LDAP

From: MacGregor, Ian A. <ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 17:32:57 -0700

I just got stopped in the hall. Stopper: "Does Oracle Support LDAP?" Me: "Yes, there is some LDAP stuff in 8i, but I know nothing about it. I believe it can Oracle can use or will soon be able to use Microsoft Active Directory." Stopper: "Active Directory won't do it - won't scale. Me: "How many entries do you need." Stopper: "About a million." Me: "Well I guess I'd better start reading the manual -- Yikes its 440 pages".

Has anyone implemented anyrthing this size in Oracle LDAP.

Ian MacGregor
Stanford Linear Accelerator Center
ian_at_slac.stanford.edu Received on Tue Aug 15 2000 - 19:32:57 CDT