Intermedia text index optimize - temp size

From: Nikolay Kumanov <nkumanov_at_zgb.bg>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 11:36:24 +0300

I am currently playing with Intermedia 8.1.6 and to give it a good test, I loaded a table with >2mln text files and created a full text index. So far, so good (with minor glitches).

Now I want to optimize the index, but both fast and full optimizations complain about insufficient temp space. Temp tablespace is at 256M. The DR$...$I table contains >17mln rows.

Has someone an estimate how much temp space will be needed for optimization? This is a test machine with rather limited disk space and the space has been eaten by the test data, so I don't have the option to set the temp tablespace to a huge size and see how much is used.

TIA, Dr. Nikolay Kumanov

MIS Manager, Zeitungsgruppe Bulgarien GmbH 47, Tsarigradsko chaussee, Sofia 1504, Bulgaria phone: +(359-2)4339-643, fax: +(359-2)946-1286 mailto:nkumanov_at_zgb.bg

"Show me a completely smooth operation and I'll show you someone who's covering mistakes. Real boats rock." - Frank Herbert, "Chapterhouse: Dune" Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 03:36:24 CDT