Re:How many RAM for Ora on Linux?

From: Oliver Artelt <oli_at_md.transnet.de>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:56:14 +0200

see the docu:

Table 1-2 Hardware Requirements

 Hardware

               Requirements
 Memory

               A minimum of 128 MB RAM is required to install Oracle8i products. Oracle recommends 256 MB for
               improved performance.
 Swap Space
               Twice the amount of RAM or at least 400 MB, whichever is greater, is recommended for most systems.
 CD-ROM Device
               A CD-ROM drive supported by Linux is required. Oracle uses ISO 9660 format CD-ROM disks with
               RockRidge extensions.

oli.

Maybe 64 meg are possible, but with JVM this would be a pain in the @..

oli.

On Mon, 14 Aug 2000, Blum, Marc wrote:
> Shreepad wrote:
>
> Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 23:18 -0500
> Subject: Re: Which version of Oracle for Linux?
>
> Hi ,
> I would like to install ORACLE 8i on Linux.
>
> Can i install in on 64 MB RAM.................Are there any specific
> hardware requirments.
> Any suggestions.?
> Are there any specific hardware requirments to run JVM (in terms of
> disk space , RAM)?
> I currently have Intel (Pentium) and Linux 6.2 .
>
> thanks
> shreepad
>
> Hi Shreepad,
>
> no no, I think Oracle recommends a minimum of 96 MB. I suggest a minimum of
> 128 MB and the same as swap partition. If you're playing around with java in
> the server or one of the java-based tools, keep on buying RAM! Each tool
> running will grab about 20MB at startup.
>
> bye
> Marc
>
> __________________________
> Marc Blum
> SOPTIM GmbH
> Grüner Weg 22-24
> D-52070 Aachen -Germany-
> Phone: +49-(0)241-91879-29
> Fax: +49-(0)241-154038
> EMail: BLUM_at_SOPTIM.DE
>

> --
> Author: Blum, Marc
> INET: blum_at_soptim.de

---

Oliver Artelt, System- und Datenbankadministration
  cubeoffice GmbH & Co.KG # jordanstrasse 7 # 39112 magdeburg
telefon: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 10 # telefax: +49 (0)391 6 11 28 10
   email: oli@cubeoffice.de # web: http://www.cubeoffice.de