Replication - where to start in a hurry?

From: Paul Drake <drake_at_psscorp.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:03:20 -0400

Hi.

Would someone be so kind as to throw several good links my way concerning .... REPLICATION? Oracle 8.1.6.x.x on WinNT (preferably; might move to Solaris if required). Currently using Standard Edition, would upgrade to Enterprise for Advanced Replication.

Step #1: I checked the documentation that shipped with 8i Rel 2 - its 407 MB and could take quite some time to parse ... Probably lots of theory that would be fine for a month's worth of study.

Step #2: I ordered an O'Reilly book - Oracle Distributed Systems.

Step #3: Technet. not much there.

Step #4 Metalink. Not much covering 8.1.6 specifically, I guess that most of the features are still the same from 8.1.5 (on WinNT).

So I printed out some white papers - but what I'm most interested in is real world deployment/case studies.

Thanks in advance for any leads. Received on Mon Aug 14 2000 - 21:03:20 CDT