I/O Distribution - Table Level

From: Seth Dunehew <sdunehew_at_medicalmatrix.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:36:27 -0500

I've been trying to tune our production database, it's an OLTP setup, but the I/O is concentrated in one Tablespace. I'm trying to change the layout, but I want to know which tables in particular are the culprits. Is there any way to do that?

I want to create another tablespace and move some of the tables to the new tablespace on another disk array. I want to be able to do this without doing it by a hit or miss method. None of the books we have here are any help, so I was wondering if there were any suggestions.

Thanks

Seth Dunehew
Oracle DBA
Medical Matrix Inc. Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 11:36:27 CDT