Turning on trace for active user

From: <Cherie_Machler_at_gelco.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:54:40 -0500

We are using Oracle 8.0.4 in a Sun Solaris environment.

I am trying to turn on trace for an active session. I am using the following command
from a sqlplus prompt within unix on the box where the database is running:

EXECUTE dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session (44, 36, TRUE);

where 44 is the SID and 36 is the serial number of the session to be traced.

I get the following error:

begin dbms_system.set_sql_trace_in_session (44, 36, TRUE); end;

      *
ERROR at line 1:

ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:
PLS-00201: identifier 'DBMS_SYSTEM.SET_SQL_TRACE_IN_SESSION' must be declared
ORA-06550: line 1, column 7:

PL/SQL: Statement ignored

Can anyone shed light on this error? Do I need to run a CAT? script or something?
Am I missing a package?

Thanks in advance, Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 11:54:40 CDT