Re: Problem Installing Forms 6.0 on WindowsNT 4.0 with Oracle 8.05

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 13:59:15 EDT

First question: did you follow installation instructions and install Forms 6 into a different Oracle home from where you installed Oracle 8.0.5? If not, reformat the PC and try again. I wouldn't advise trying to uninstall -- doesn't seem to work too good.

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting, Ltd.

In a message dated 8/10/2000 4:23:31 PM Central Daylight Time, Dharminder.Kumar_at_bmonesbittburns.com writes:

<< I have problem in installing the Dev2k ( Forms 6), on WinodwsNT which is  running Oracle8.05. After I select the Oracle Home and then select the  typical installation, it start copying the files, but then before completion  of the installation process, it exits abnormally. I did try the other  installation options namely custom and minimal, but got the same abnormal  exit.

 Any idea, what could be wrong.

 Thanks in advance.

 Dharminder Kumar
 Author: Kumar, Dharminder
   INET: Dharminder.Kumar_at_bmonesbittburns.com >> Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 12:59:15 CDT