Re: Table cache info please.

From: Tom Pall <tpall_at_cdproc.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 14:24:22 -0500

There's been lots of bad information circulating about the three buffer pools.

One of the Tips and Techniques books stated that those objects pulled into keep stayed there for the life of the instance, those pulled into recycle had no LRU, were overwritten as soon as unpinned, default followed the same LRU as always.

I recently returned from the Oracle Internals seminars and made it a point to ask our instructor what was the truth. I was told each buffer pool had its own LRU, with the same behavior as we're used to expecting in a single buffer pool.