Which version of Oracle for Linux?

From: Blum, Marc <blum_at_soptim.de>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 15:06:15 +0200

Hi all,

for our development environment we're setting up a new Intel based = server
running Linux. Production database ist Oracle EE 8.0.5 for AIX, but no chance to get such a machine for development purposes, no chance to = upgrade
production to 8.1.6.=20

My question is, which version of Oracle to install on the Linux box.=20 Configuration management tells "8.0.5", but is it reliable or was it = just a
"quick'n'dirty" release?=20
Should I prefer 8.1.6?=20

Would be interesting to hear, who runs Oracle on Linux in development/production with which results

many thanx in advance
Marc

 Marc Blum
 SOPTIM GmbH
 Gr=FCner Weg 22-24
 D-52070 Aachen -Germany-
Phone: +49-(0)241-91879-29
Fax: +49-(0)241-154038
EMail: BLUM_at_SOPTIM.DE Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 08:06:15 CDT