image from file into blob with sqlstatement in php?

From: Dries Verachtert <dries_at_ulyssis.org>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:16:51 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I've found already a lot of examples about uploading files from a file with php into a mysql and postgres database, but i've no idea about how to do it in oracle. Oracle seems to use another way of quoting: addslashes() doesn't work and replacing ' with '' is also not enough. Can anyone explain me how i can use an INSERT sql statement to put binary data in a blob from a file? So 2 possibilities: an sqlstatement which gets the data from the file and puts it in the database
or
php gets the data from the file and the sqlstatement only inserts the binary data.
Any idea how i can do this?

Thanks in advance,
Dries Verachtert Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 10:16:51 CDT