ORA-3120

From: <Val_Gamerman/Victoria_Financial.VICTORIA_FINANCIAL_at_lnn.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 17:57:27 -0400

We have a query that occasionally blows up with this error message.

The query is not overly to long (runs for about 10-15 minutes), does some sorting and grouping.
The query does not use any binding variables and makes a simple join on 2 tables.

I read the explanation from the documentation and it is sort of not clear to what they mean by " ... integer parameters ...". Do they mean the binding variable values?

Cause: An integer value in an internal Oracle structure overflowed when being
        sent or received over a heterogeneous connection.
        This can happen when an invalid buffer length or too great a row
count
        is specified.        It usually indicates a bug in the user
application.
Action: Check parameters to Oracle calls.

        If the problem recurs, reduce all integer parameters, column values

        <not> included, to less than 32767.

Could somebody elaborate on this?

Thanks, Received on Fri Aug 11 2000 - 16:57:27 CDT