Data conversion

From: Yigal Ran <ydran_at_usa.net>
Date: 10 Aug 00 11:48:41 EDT

  Can any one tell me what are the steps to convert data from Lotus Notes=  to
Oracle.

TIA Yigal

Get free email and a permanent address at http://www.amexmail.com/?A=3D1

 From: Brian_McQuillan_at_gelco.com
 Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:07:56 -0400
 Subject: Re: serverouput buffer overflow

--0__=W26n5WktCiRuAPEzxxlPMhtp22QN6fp8gZvolmwD0Tr6doq4ocbw1U3P Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline

Patrice,

I don't think there is a way round the buffer limit, I take it you are using DBMS_OUTPUT to do this.
If you are on 8.x have you considered utl files, there's no limit execpt what space you left on your OS

hope it helps
Brian.

"Boivin, Patrice J" <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca> on 08/10/2000 12:31:52 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Brian McQuillan/GELCO)

Subject: serverouput buffer overflow

Does anyone know how I can work around the 1000000 limit for server output?

I have a cursor that makes a list of all the indexes in a database, then I use that to generate sql to file to analyze them in turn plus store their sizing info into a separate table.

Unfortunately there is so much information generated in the cursor that when I use dbms_output to produce the SQL, I reach the limit.

Sqlplus only seems to spool once the command has finished, in this case until the whole PL/SQL loop has finished.

I would prefer not having to break up the job into smaller cursors.

TIA
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst --0__=W26n5WktCiRuAPEzxxlPMhtp22QN6fp8gZvolmwD0Tr6doq4ocbw1U3P

=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca

=

--0__=W26n5WktCiRuAPEzxxlPMhtp22QN6fp8gZvolmwD0Tr6doq4ocbw1U3P--

 From: "Rachel Carmichael" <carmichr_at_hotmail.com>
 Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:02:39 GMT

write a pl/sql procedure and use the utl_file procedure to write to a file
on disk