serverouput buffer overflow

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 12:20:23 -0300

Does anyone know how I can work around the 1000000 limit for server = output?

I have a cursor that makes a list of all the indexes in a database, = then I
use that to generate sql to file to analyze them in turn plus store = their
sizing info into a separate table.

Unfortunately there is so much information generated in the cursor that = when
I use dbms_output to produce the SQL, I reach the limit.

Sqlplus only seems to spool once the command has finished, in this case until the whole PL/SQL loop has finished.

I would prefer not having to break up the job into smaller cursors.

TIA
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des syst=E8mes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique=20
Maritimes Region, DFO      | R=E9gion des Maritimes, MPO