KEEP creep

From: <mteehan_at_erggroup.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:13:04 +0800

I am trying to size objects for the KEEP pool on 8.1.6. An analyze shows 108,000 blocks for a table, yet it fills the KEEP buffer pool, which is 120,000 blocks.
The extra 12,000 blocks are copies of buffers not found within a time limit when searching the hash chains (or so I believe). There are no other objects in the KEEP pool.
I have tried maximum and minimum numbers of db_block_lru_latches with little effect. I have not modified the _db_block_hash_buckets. I would prefer if it searched the buffer cache for longer for the required buffers (because I know the whole table is cached), even if this means that it runs a little slower. As with OLTP systems, constant performance is better. Anyone know what to change to extend the buffer cache search timeout?

Regards
Mark