Table cache info please.

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 08:23:07 -0400

Good morning team,
I am thinking about caching a table that is used quite frequently by our = applications and have a question that is puzzeling me.=20 The table is truncated daily and reloaded with fresh information for the = applications to use.
Question: If I alter table xx cache the table, what effect does the = truncate and reload have on the table cached in memory? Is it automatically=  recached after the truncate and reload or is the cached table in memory = not truncated and reloaded until the first block is read and the difference=  in tables is detected?
Thanks,
Ron ROgers
DBA OCP Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 07:23:07 CDT