EXP - Takes a long time

From: Weerd de E.C. Kirsten <Kirsten.deWeerd_at_Oranjewoud.nl>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 12:17:12 +0100

Hi,

I'm puzzled. I haven't got a clue. Here's the situation :

During the night we take an export. Due to problems with dmp-files getting bigger than 2Gig we stopped taking a full export. We now do 2 exports, each with an owner-clause so that all owners are exported in one of both files. Works great.

The problem is this :

The first export takes about 2 hours, the second about 3 hours. Some nights however, for a reason I can not think off, the second export takes well over 6 hours. It has happened before for two nights in a row, then it went back to aprox 3 hours for a couple of nights. Last night however it was still running after nearly 6 hours. We had to abort it all for our users to go to work.

Whatever could be going on, causing the export to perform rather well one night, and trigger it to be slow the next. We never had problems with the first export so far ...

I'll unclude the contents of the par-file :

buffer=4000000
owner=(GOED,HEND,HONT,MIDD,MOOR,GRAV,OOST,SPEN,TEGE,MIER,ODBC,WERK,VEER,TOAD ,MEER,BERG,SOBR,ASTE,KESS,SOED,TWEE,MILL) grants=N
log=/var/opt/export/tax/fulltax_2.log
file=/var/opt/export/tax/fulltax_2.dmp

We are going to try a different approach tonight. We cut this export in two exports again, each with about half of the owners stated above. However, I'm not certain this will solve anything.

So, again I turn to you all. Anyone have any clue what could be going on ???

Oracle 7.2.3 on HP-UX 10.20

Thanx in advance, again ... Received on Wed Aug 09 2000 - 06:17:12 CDT