Re: Service Level Agreement for an Oracle DBA

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 13:32:36 -0700

On 9 Aug 2000, at 12:36, Ben Poels wrote:

Date sent:      	Wed, 09 Aug 2000 12:36:53 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
From:           	"Ben Poels" <poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca>
Subject:        	Service Level Agreement for an Oracle DBA

BP> Does anyone have an Service Level Agreement for an Oracle DBA that BP> they would like to share with the list?

There are some SLA templates (related to backup/recovery) that were passed to the list a few days ago:

> Practical article on NT/Oracle8i backup (includes hotbackup!!!):
>
> MSWord version: http://home.att.net/~tbcox/dba/bu_reco_doc.zip
>
> .pdf: http://home.att.net/~tbcox/dba/bu_reco_pdf.zip
>

> DISCLAIMER (excerpt):
>
> "A final note on completeness and accuracy
> This paper is by no means complete, exhaustive, or all-encompassing. It
> is not intended to be. Knowledgeable readers will note some statements
> that, upon close examination, are not entirely true - for example, where
> I say that an incomplete cold backup is useless. While a sufficiently
> experienced DBA could use a partial cold backup, together with archived
> redo logs, to perform certain kinds of recovery in certain
> circumstances, it is also true that an incomplete cold backup is useless
> in the hands of a DBA of more average experience, and the circumstances
> under which one would want to intentionally create an incomplete cold
> backup are rare indeed. By keeping the focus on what one might
> reasonably expect of an average DBA and an average database, I hope I
> have not offended the more expert among my readers. Comments and
> corrections are welcome. The author may be reached at tbcox_at_att.net.
> An up-to-date copy of this paper can usually be found at
> http://home.att.net/~tbcox. "
>
> -----
>

> (General Oracle DBA info: http://home.att.net/~tbcox/java01.html )

From:           	tbcox_at_att.net
To:             	PierceED_at_csus.edu
Subject:        	Re: AWESOME article on NT/Oracle8i (hot)backup /
(Fwd) RE: Service Level Agreements
Date sent:      	Fri, 04 Aug 2000 19:54:46 +0000

Glad you liked it. I have a more up-to-date home page now, URL below. I also have a low-volume mailing list,

tbcox-OraDBAs_at_egroups.com -- sign up at

http://www.egroups.com/group/tbcox-OraDBAs/ or by

sending mail to tbcox-OraDBAs-subscribe_at_egroups.com.

Cheers.
 -Tom

--
tbcox@att.net    http://www.geocities.com/tbcox23/
503-703-0666

-----

BP> By the way, is there a searchable archive for Oracle-L?

YES!

See the trailer that is on every list message for how to get the
*HELP FILE* for Fatcity-Listguru command processing.

The archives are currently available via listserv-like email query.

The Fatcity administrator/owner recently stated that he is planning