RE : Web site hosting environment on Sun 4500

From: <john.j.kanagaraj_at_shell.com.bn>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 09:23:15 +0800

--openmail-part-09ab75f7-00000001

Walt,

First of all, what are you going to do when this single 4500 falls over? Consolidation is fine as long as you are able to cover the higher availability provided by the many servers you had previously. You also need to consider upgrades, compatibility issues and window-for-upgrade or change - consolidation has its downsides in these areas....

Also - are you considering WebDB? (I remember you were playing around with it sometime back and we corresponded on this). I am sure that we agree that it is not yet ready for prime-time on a large scale basis...

John Kanagaraj
Brunei Shell Petroleum
http://www.geocities.com/john_sharmila

God so loved the world that He didn't send a committee! (See John 3:16 for details)