RE: Datafiles Urgent

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 09:36:36 -0400

I don't think that will work because all of the data files are numbered = and recorded in Oracle. I do not know all of the inside particulars but = the file numbers are storred in the DBA_DATA_FILES table. The best way is = to resize the data file to a minimul size if you can't export and recreate = the tablespace.
Ron Rogers
DBA OCP
Atl.GA

>>> rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id 08/08/00 01:44AM >>> how about re-creating the controlfiles without the specified datafile ?

--=20
Author: Rahul
  INET: rahul_at_ratelindo.co.id=20
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may Received on Tue Aug 08 2000 - 08:36:36 CDT