Long Waits

From: Saravanan.K <saravanan.krishnamoorthy_at_almarai.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 08:16:21 +0300

Hi all,

I am a programmer. One of our application inserts data into a table which is updated concurrently by other users. Both users will be working simultaneously but on different set of rows. In recent times, the insertion process waits till the updation completes and the users close their sessions. If i kill all the sessions and start the insertion it completes very quickly. Please give me the suggestions on how to aviod this long waits. We are using Oracle 7.3 on Windows NT.

Thanks in advance. Received on Tue Aug 08 2000 - 00:16:21 CDT