(Fwd) RE: (Fwd) Dev6i patchset #1 available for Windows 2000 /

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 09:39:42 -0700

Bon dia amics!

My *guess* is that this is it:

ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/dev_tools/patchsets/dev2k/Win95NT/6i/patch1/

-
ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/dev_tools/patchsets/dev2k/Win95NT/6i/patch1/Pa= tch1.exe
-
ftp://oracle-ftp.oracle.com/dev_tools/patchsets/dev2k/Win95NT/6i/patch1/Re= adme.doc

*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****
*****WARNING*****

I WAS *NOT* TOLD THIS IS THE CORRECT LOCATION FOR WINDOWS 2000 BY ORACLE T= ECH SUPPORT, PLEASE CONFIRM IT FOR YOURSELF WITH ORACLE TECH SUPPORT PRIOR TO USING THE=  FILES TO
PATCH YOUR SYSTEM(S). *****END WARNING*****

[excerpts from text of readme.doc file:]

Forms & Reports 6i Patch-1 For Windows 95 and Windows NT

July 28, 2000

Under most circumstances, you DO NOT need to install any of these patches.=

However, if you are instructed by Oracle Worldwide Support to install any = of
these patches, please read through this README file before start your inst= allation.

If you have installed other products from the Production CD after applying the GUI Common Files or Tools Utilities patch from this CD, then you need to re-install them from this CD again.

Contents of this CD

At the root level of this CD you will see the following directories:

\INSTALL
\COMPS
\EXTRAS
\WIN32
\SETUP.EXE

The components that have been patched are:

--GUI60 6.0.5.33.2c (TK,UCOL)
--REPORTS 6.0.8.10.1
--JDKAV 1.1.7.30o
--EWT 3.3.15
--OCA 6.0.5.35.0
--DE 6.0.8.10.0-366
--FORMS 6.0.8.10.3
--JINIT 1.1.7.30o
--TUTIL 6.0.5.32.0i
--OCL 6.0.8.10.1
--LANG 6.0.8.10.9
--OG 6.0.8.10.1
--NN 6.0.8.10.2

Note:You need to have the production version of some of the components be= fore you can install the related
patch from this CD.

General Information:

To Rebase the dlls: The following steps need to be followed to run the reb= ase utility.

1.Open the Control Panel
2.Stop all the Services that may be running
3.Copy Rbaseall.bat, Rebase.exe, Coffbase.txt (available in the =91Extras=92=
 directory) to
   ORACLE_HOME\BIN directory
4.Run Rbaseall.bat with the parameters as Coffbase.txt & Coffbase.out from=  the
   command prompt
   Example: D:> Rbaseall Coffbase.txt Coffbase.out

 This completes the process of Rebasing.

5.Re-start the services that were earlier stopped, to resume work.

D2bl Information (internal use only): This patch has been built using the = 9_9_4_June14_26 d2bl vector.

Bug 1364899 has been filed to keep track of fix for a bug, that might com= e up in a particular scenario of installing Patch-1 over an iAS installati= on. Please
refer to bug for more details.

Installation Instructions:

Note: If installing this patch in a machine where Oracle internet Applicat= ion Server 8i(iAS) has been installed, the following need to be done:

*.Start the installer using the Setup.exe in the Patch *.When prompted for the name of the ORACLE_HOME, one would need to enter

    the name as iAS_6iServer .

Proceed with the rest of the installation in the usual way.

General Installation:
NOTE: You should not be running any other Windows applications while tryi= ng to install any product from this CD.

Windows 95 and Windows NT 4.0
1) From the Start menu, Run

D:\SETUP.EXE
     Substitute your CD drive letter for "D:".

2) Select the patch product you would like to install.

Bug fixes in this Patch Release:

FORMS: Note : "The end user has to explictly set the server side Registry variabl= e
FORMS60_MESSAGE_ENCRYPTION to 0 or false in HTTP & HTTPS modes when runnin= g with Jinitiator."

[snip]

Bugs fixed In PROCEDURE BUILDER:

[snip]

Bugs fixed In REPORTS:

Bugs closed in Jinitiator:

[snip]

TOOLS UTILITIES ...

GUI ...

Bugs fixed in JDKAV:

On 8 Aug 2000, at 6:46, Gordon, Emery {PDBI~Palo Alto} (Gordon, Emery {PDB= I~Palo Alto} <ODTUG-DEV2K-L_at_fatcity.com>) scribbled with alacrity and coge= ncy:

Date sent:      	Tue, 08 Aug 2000 06:46:33 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ODTUG-DEV2K-L <ODTUG-DEV2K-L@=
fatcity.com>
Send reply to:  	ODTUG-DEV2K-L_at_fatcity.com
From:           	"Gordon, Emery {PDBI~Palo Alto}" <EMERY.GORDON_at_ROCHE.COM>=

Subject:        	RE: (Fwd) Dev6i patchset #1 available for Windows 2000 / =
(Fwd) RE