Craete database around existing tablespace

From: Turnbull, Karen (BSA) <KTurnbull_at_Billiton.co.za>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2000 10:48:04 +0200

This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C00115.5E4850F4

        charset="iso-8859-1"

Good morning

I have decided to move a tablespace from database ORCL to it's own database. I have created the new database, but getting the "old" tablespace into this database is a bit of a problem.

The datafiles (4) have been copied to the correct filesystem destination.

I have used
"CREATE TABLESPACE "MINKEY"
DATAFILE '/merc1/IMAGE/mindkey01.dbf' REUSE;" - no problem. But there are 3 more datafiles that are part of this tablespace. How to I get them to be recognised by the tablespace?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Karen Turnbull
This message and any attachments may be confidential and may also be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. They are sent for the attention of the named addressee(s) only. If you are not the named addressee(s) please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message. In this case, you should not copy or distribute this message or attachments, use it for any purpose or disclose its contents to any other person. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of my firm/company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

------_=_NextPart_001_01C00115.5E4850F4

        charset="iso-8859-1"

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.5.2448.0">
<TITLE>Craete database around existing tablespace</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Good morning</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have decided to move a tablespace =
from database ORCL to it's own database.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have created the new database, but =
getting the "old" tablespace into this database is a bit of a = problem.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">The datafiles (4) have been copied to =
the correct filesystem destination.</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">I have used </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">"</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">CREATE TABLESPACE &quot;MINKEY&quot; </FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">DATAFILE&nbsp; =
'/merc1/IMAGE/mindkey01.dbf' REUSE;</FONT><FONT SIZE=3D2 = FACE=3D"Arial">"&nbsp; - no problem.</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">But there are 3 more datafiles that =
are part of this tablespace.&nbsp; How to I get them to be recognised = by the tablespace?</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Any advice would be greatly =
appreciated</FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Thanks</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Karen Turnbull</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">This message and any attachments may =