RE: control file parallel write

From: Steve Adams <steve.adams_at_ixora.com.au>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 15:07:23 +1000

Hi Yong,

The fact that the documentation that you are reading says DBWR instead of DBWn is evidence of the fact that it is out-of-date. But although the omission of processes like LMON and BSPn might be excused on those grounds, the omission of processes like CKPT, ARCH/ARCn and RECO cannot be.

Lots of processes, LGWR and DBWR included, modify the controlfile, however CKPT is the only process to do so as part of its timeout action.

Regards,
Steve Adams

http://www.ixora.com.au/
http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orinternals/