RE: Multiple listeners question

From: Singla, Sanjeev K. <SSingla_at_oxhp.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:43:47 -0400

Multiple listerners on the same machine for same instance in dedicated mode are only
needed to balance the load of too many simultaneous connections. for eg. if all 700 people
are logging atonce. Once you are connected listener is out of sight.So it will not help u if
they are already logged in successfully and then running queries. But if you have problems
while 700 simultaneous people log in then u will be definitely benefited.

Sanjeev

Author: Suzy Vordos
  INET: lvordos_at_uswest.com