"ORA-01436: CONNECT BY loop in user data" during export.

From: Grabowy, Chris <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 13:46:03 -0400

I receive the following error when I export a schema on a Oracle 8.1.6 database.

EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1436 encountered
ORA-01436: CONNECT BY loop in user data
EXP-00000: Export terminated unsuccessfully

One of the schemas on that database originally came from an Oracle 7.3.4 database. I have opened up "yet another unresponsive" iTAR. There is a known bug involving views corrupting the dictionary, causing exports to fail. OWS responded with a series of scripts to identify and cleanup the dictionary, but the "identify" script also returns ORA-01436. Which means the "cleanup" script has nothing to cleanup.

So I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, and what has been done??

TIA Chris Grabowy
"May Oracle be with you...always" Received on Mon Aug 07 2000 - 12:46:03 CDT