RE: [Slightly OFF-TOPIC] CD-Writers

From: Deshpande, Kirti <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2000 14:05:17 -0500

Answer to Sean's question is yes. We use 'copied' CDs to install Oracle s/w. Per our licensing terms we get 1 CD per version per platform from Oracle. The Centralized Asset Mgmt then supposedly sends it out to some vendor who makes copies for us. I have not seen Oracle's original s/w CDs in a while now. Unfortunately I could not get the details on the h/w s/w the Vendor uses to make copies for us.