RE: Installation of Oracle7 on Windows NT

From: Cale, Rick T (Richard) <RICHARD.T.CALE_at_saic.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 02:49:54 -0700

Just to be clear you do not create an instance with CREATE DATABASE... You first create the
instance with the ORADIMxx utility where xx is your version i.e.,80. After you create the instance
you can startup nomount then use CREATE DATABASE. See the getting started book it has
step by step procedures.

Rick