NT4 - SP6a - net80 - connection problems

From: Allen R. Lucas <alucas_at_chicagobridge.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Aug 2000 10:24:39 -0500

We were running Oracle 8.05/Failsafe 3.0/NT4.0/SP4 with no problems. On a machine we had 1 clustered DB adn 2 stand alone. During a failover, we would move the clustered DB and the standalones would simply drop (they were not critical).

We upgraded to NT SP6a last night and now we can't see the standalone databases from remote machines.

We can ping the machine from server and client. We can tnsping80 the clustered DB from Server and Client. We can tnsping80 non-clusted DB from Server only - Client cannot find listener. There have been no changes to the tnsnames.ora file (which is common amoung all clients). The tnsping80 return shows the correct machine name/port, which I mentioned we can ping with success.

I can connect to non clustered DB from server without a problem using svrmgr30. The alert log shows not problems. The database seems to be running fine but simply can't connect via NET80. I have tried stop/start of listener for standalones. The status seems fine.

 Any ideas? Any similar experiences out there? Received on Fri Aug 04 2000 - 10:24:39 CDT