RE: Help needed: OCP exam_cram book questons

From: Dennis Taylor <ismgr_at_pctc.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 08:39:56 -0700

At 05:58 AM 8/3/00 -0800, you wrote:
>Not wanting to start a LOOOONG thread again but I had to add a buck or two
to the pot.
>NOTHING beats experience.period. I am sure that there are a lot of DBA's
doing a fantastic job and saving thier company a lot of time and money that do NOT have thier OCP

Another issue is that most jobs do NOT allow you or force you to deal with all aspects of Oracle. For instance, if you are a one-db shop, you probably don't get a lot of practice with replication. If you are a non-NT shop, you probably don't get a lot of practice with crash recovery. (Sorry, couldn't resist. :-))

Some of the stuff on the test *has* to be studied for, or you'll simply come up blank. And let's face it, if everyone was an expert at all aspects of Oracle, this'd be a much lonelier list.

---
Dennis Taylor
---
The opinions expressed herein are mine. Get your own opinions!