Re: Hot backup advise needed

From: Larry Holder <lholder_at_utm.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Aug 2000 19:57:13 -0500

>So , would anyone please share with me , directly or via the list , your
hot backup scripts , strategies , recovery plans , everything related to backup & recovery .
>Scripts & links are extremely appreciated !
>I'm mainly interested in ones for UNIX , but every 0.02$ are very welcome .

I wrote an article that appeared in the June issue of Xephon's "Oracle Update" journal that has a script written in Perl that does hotbackup and uses gzip to compress the stuff.
See also excellent book, Oracle Backup and Recovery Handbook from Oracle Press -- www.osborne.com -- worth every penny!!! Get their Oracle DBA Handbook, too. Great help especially for new DBA's.

Thanks,
Larry Holder
Database Administrator
The University of Tennessee at Martin Computer Center <>< Saved by Grace! Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 19:57:13 CDT