RE: How to check if a column is a foreign key? If yes, to which

From: Sandeep Kurliye <Sandeep.Kurliye_at_almarai.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:44:59 +0300

SQL> SELECT c.constraint_name AS "Foreign Key",

2> p.constraint_name AS "Referenced Key",
3> p.constraint_type,
4> p.owner,
5> p.table_name
6> FROM dba_constraints c, dba_constraints p
7> WHERE c.owner=3D'SCOTT'
8> AND c.table_name=3D'EMPLOYEES'
9> AND c.constraint_type=3D'R'

10> AND c.r_owner=3Dp.owner
11> AND c.r_constraint_name =3D p.constraint_name;

Foreign Key Referenced Key C OWNER TABLE_NAME ------------ -------------- - ---------- ------------- EMP_DEPT_FK DEPT_PK P SCOTT DEPARTMENTS 1 row selected.

HTH, Sandeep.
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.