Replication

From: Sajid Iqbal <sajid_at_u-net.net>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 12:50:37 +0100 (BST)

We have a situation where we have a high availability database, we have another machine with a backup database.

We want to replicate the main db using the backup machine.

So I'm considering things like Replication, Snapshots... also things like Distributed database, Parallel Server.

Basically to keep the backup database in line with the main database.. so in the event of the main db crashing we can move over to the backup one straight away.

We are on Oracle 8.0.4 on Solaris 2.6.

TIA Saj Iqbal

Oracle DBA
U-NET Ltd a VIA NET.WORKS Inc company Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 06:50:37 CDT