Re: RMAN question...spool command

From: <Heidi_Schmidt_at_gillette.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Aug 2000 13:13:07 -0400

Janardhana

If you are at the UNIX prompt you can use the command script to capture the entire contents of the session if the results you can get interactively and get printed to the screen to test.

Since this won't always be an interactive job you can take the process and in cron redirect standard error to standard output which is redirected to a log file while putting the job in the background The syntax looks like this at the end of the command

Hope this helps.

     Heidi

Dear list,

Could someone tell me how to spool to a file, the output of rman script. Spool command is not working. Is there any command that I can use to spool the output of the following RMAN script. Iam on HP-UX 11.0 Oracle8.1.5.

run {
allocate channel d1 type disk;
setlimit channel d1 kbytes 2048000 maxopenfiles 10 readrate 200; backup

           incremental level 0
           filesperset 10
           format '/u01/oracle/rtest_bkup/%d_L0_%t_%s_%p'
           database;

release channel d1;
}

Any help is appreciated. Received on Thu Aug 03 2000 - 12:13:07 CDT