Re: Any way to tell who ran a script a few days ago??

From: karl craven <karl_craven_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 08:13:44 -0700 (PDT)

sandy,
there are a couple of ways but it depends on what level or the instance you are on.

if you are talking about the actual script itself rather than the actual contents of it and a user has run it from the command line, then you may be able to check for the existance for the various .*history* files.

if its the actual scripts contents, then you may be able to find the statement in the sga if you have a fairly static system. using the parsing id's you _may_ be able to find who last ran the statement.

2ndly, if you are on 8i, you could utilise the logminer package. even though logminer runs on 8i, you can actually run it over 8.0 redo logs.

not much help i know, but i hth
karl

if on v8 you could utilise the log miner tool --- Sandy Ocheltree <ora_dba_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi. Is there any way to tell who ran a script on our db a few days
> ago? We
> are in archivelog mode, with no auditing. :( Any way at all to
> determine
> this? The database hasn't been bounced since then--would any of the
> v$
> tables hold clues?
>
> Thanks.

> http://www.hotmail.com
>
> --
> Author: Sandy Ocheltree
> INET: ora_dba_at_hotmail.com

> San Diego, California -- Public Internet access / Mailing
> Lists
Kick off your party with Yahoo! Invites. Received on Wed Aug 02 2000 - 10:13:44 CDT