RE: RE: WILL YOU GIVE PROGRAMMERS DBA ACCOUNT IF WE SAID YES?

From: Jamadagni, Rajendra <rajendra.jamadagni_at_espn.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 16:29:27 -0400

Here is what we do .....

  1. In DEV database, schema owners can create objects (tables/views/procs/triggers/seqs) etc.
  2. When it is time to move something to PROD, we create scripts and give it to DBA's. They extract the scripts from SCCS and run them on PROD environment.

Any activity not listed above is DBA's responsibility (as far as Oracle DB is concerned). Also in PROD environment, we have only SELECT privs granted on tables for MIS Developers.

This works fine for us ...

Cheers
Raj

Rajendra Jamadagni MIS, ESPN Inc.
Rajendra dot Jamadagni at ESPN dot com
QOTD: Any clod can have facts, but having an opinion is an art ! Any opinion expressed here is personal and doesn't reflect that of ESPN Inc. Received on Wed Aug 02 2000 - 15:29:27 CDT