ORA-00054

From: Rivera, Claudia <crivera_at_utep.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 08:03:26 -0600

I need to erase some rows from a table. But when I try to do it, nothing happens.
The system just hangs in there until I press Ctrl C to stop it.

Now, I tried to drop the table, and it gave me the following error:

ORA -00054 Resource busy and acquire with NOWAIT specified.

What does this mean??

This is the only table with this type of problem.

Everything else works fine.

TIA

The University of Texas at El Paso
Tech. Media Coordinator