RE: ORA-01801

From: Christine Turner <Christine.Turner_at_IPS-Sendero.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 09:13:07 -0000

NLS_DATE_FORMAT='MM/DD/YYYY' and I'm selecting from a physical table.

Thanks!

Christine Turner
Database Administrator
IPS-Sendero
Scottsdale, Arizona
Phone: (800) 321-6899 ext. 3286
Fax: (480) 946-8224
From: Christine Turner [mailto:Christine.Turner_at_IPS-Sendero.com] Sent: 01 August 2000 16:17
To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L Subject: ORA-01801

You know I just love the error message book, it is so helpful! NOT! Anyways, hello all, I'm running into a problem when I do a SELECT * FROM TABLE. I'm receiving a ORA-01801, data format is too long for internal buffer. According to the messages and code book the action I am supposed to take is to remove long literals from the date format string. WHAT???  All this from a select *????

Any comments appreciated. Please help!!! Received on Tue Aug 01 2000 - 04:13:07 CDT