RE: Installing Oracle 8.1.6 on Hardened OS

From: Thapliyal, Deepak <DThapliyal_at_ea.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:21:54 -0700

Maria,
I learnt this the hard way as our SA's were adamant that this could be a security hole ..

for OUI/netasst/... -->

	on server --> x packages must be installed
	on SCRT client --> x11 forwarding enabled so display is set
automatically and xceed/... running on worklstation

i guess i have simply repeated what steve and others on this thread have already suggested .. hmm

rgds
deepak

Author: David Turner
  INET: turner_at_tellme.com