Re: Off topic --- How you give weekly status report ???

From: Eric D. Pierce <PierceED_at_csus.edu>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:52:39 -0700

I met an amusing german engineer who had recently become a manager at a silicion valley company (while at my favorite slightly grungy ski mountaineering institute near Lake Tahoe several years ago). During apres ski conversation, he said that the basic rule in corporate, or any other, work bureaucracy was to *ALWAYS* tell the people above *what they want to hear*, which is basically that "EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL" (regardless of how bad it actually is).

This has some interesting implications, which I'm sure the more expert members of the list can elaborate on, as required. :)

regards,
ep

ps, for more resources type "BOFH" into a www search.

Date sent:      	Mon, 31 Jul 2000 06:56:14 -0800
To:             	Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
From:           	"Oak, Sameer" <soak_at_ziptone.com>
Subject:        	Off topic --- How you give weekly status report ???