Re: storing word docs and merging user data

From: Jonathan Gennick <jonathan_at_gennick.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:00:51 -0400

James,

Hans Peter Guldager gave a presentation at the recent IOUG-A Live! 2000 on this very topic. His email is hpg_at_corebit.dk. I imagine that he'd send you a copy of his paper if you emailed him about it. Hans actually converted his Word docs to RTF files to make them easier to store in Oracle, and to make them less version dependent.=20

I notice you are from Marquette. I might be moving up that way sometime soon. Not everything's fallen into place yet though.

Jonathan

jonathan_at_gennick.com =20
http://gennick.com
Brighten the Corner Where You Are

On Mon, 31 Jul 2000 06:05:34 -0800, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>we have the requirements for a project we are working on
>
>1. We are looking to store documents in the database.
>2. These will become template and will be merged with user entered data.
>3. Allow user the select which template they want and enter bio/demo
>information into it and save data in a table.
>4. Allow for review of documents by controlling department.
>5. allow for print of the finish document( template and user inputted =
data)

>If you have any experience in the above could you share it with me. =
Thank

    -