RE: peoplesoft HRMS users

From: <rsands_at_lendleaserei.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 14:57:18 -0400

--0__=FJTaukZ03jNLDZNZ1fBnLybIZD6oGhFKGllETd5W4uL6yJPqqR7Aj0Vw Content-type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Disposition: inline

Oops ... After reading Chuck Hamiliton's response, I realized I should have been more specific: PS_PAY_CHECK migrates alot of rows, PSACTIVITYMAP, PSBUSPROCMAP and PSHOMEPAGEMAP have chained rows even with an 8k block size.

Robyn

---------------------- Forwarded by Robyn Sands/US1/Lend Lease on 07/31/2000
02:51 PM ---------------------------

(Embedded image moved to file: pic18601.pcx) Robyn Sands 07/31/2000 11:30 AM

To: ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com
cc:

Subject: RE: peoplesoft HRMS users (Document link not converted)

Jeffrey,

PS_PAY_CHECK definitely chains - alot. We had over 4000 chained rows in a two month period, and this is a fairly small PeopleSoft installation. I'm still experimenting with various setting of pctfree and pctused, so I don't have an answer yet. Our average row length is 266, so it's not a block size issue, although there are three PeopleSoft tables that will chain even with an 8k block size. (You probably already knew that, but since the question was asked in the thread, I included the info.)

I just rebuilt the table this weekend, increased pctfree to 30, and decreased pctused to 60. If the amount of chaining decreases, I'll let you know, and if you find a setting that works, please pass it on.

Robyn

Siva_Chintalapati <Siva_Chintalapati_at_satyam.com> on 07/31/2000 10:56:16 AM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc: (bcc: Robyn Sands/US1/Lend Lease)

Subject: RE: peoplesoft HRMS users

How do we know that it is chaining.
Regards