(no subject)

From: Sandy Ocheltree <ora_dba_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 17:21:06 GMT

and the database freezing. Now that I've mastered how to fix this quickly, I'm wondering why I have to fix it so often. Is there some sort of optimal/minimum size for an archive log directory? We are running a 1 terabyte db with varying amounts of activity, and the archive log directory can hold up to 11G. The archived logs are being written to tape every 4 hrs, but this often isn't fast enough--sometimes the directory fills in an hour. Should I just increase the frequency that the logs are written to tape? Add space? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sandy

 From: Ashish Shah <ar_shah_at_yahoo.com>
 Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 10:28:56 -0700 (PDT) Subject: dbms_obfuscation_toolkit !!!

Hi All,

Is anyone outthere using this package?

My question is how it's going to help encrypt the password to protect the site or user... because someone who knows how to decrypt the column using decrypt package can easily break into password column.!!!

Any thoughts about how to protect the
password column after encrypting it.?

Thanks.