Re: Depolying Database Packages

From: <MTPConsulting_at_aol.com>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2000 22:15:40 EDT

Alroy,
The form only needs to be recompiled if you change the package spec. So, avoid doing that. You can change the body as many times as you want without any problem. With some planning, this should hold down your work.

Marc Perkowitz
MTP Systems Consulting, Ltd.

In a message dated 7/31/2000 2:24:55 AM Central Daylight Time, mark_alroy_at_yahoo.co.uk writes:

<< Hi All

 I am running on Oracle 8.0.5.2.1

 When we change and deploy a database package all the  developer forms which calls thoses packages get  invalid. SO all thoses forms has to be re-compiled. If  we dont recompile the forms some times this has  resulted in the database dumping core dumps also.

 Any similar experience..? Any way to avoid re -  compiling the whole lot of forms..?   Received on Mon Jul 31 2000 - 21:15:40 CDT