Re: Shared memory question on HP 10.20

From: Suhen Pather <pathers5_at_telkom.co.za>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 09:14:06 +0200

Hi

Logon to each database
You can do a oradebug ipc.
This will log a trace file in the udump directory. In the trace file there is a process id number that you can use to map the = instance from=20
ipcs -m |grep oracle

Regards
$uhen
Oracle DBA
Telkom SA

>>> Eric.Yang_at_team.telstra.com 07/28/00 04:25AM >>>
Hello,

Here is the output=20
ipcs -obpm
IPC status from /dev/kmem as of Fri Jul 28 11:00:03 2000 T ID KEY MODE OWNER GROUP NATTCH SEGSZ CPID LPID
Shared Memory:
m 10759 0x00000000 D-rw-r----- oracle dba 1 318271488 = 9651
12383

Any one knows any utility can help me to find out which process has the shared memory attached? (So I get get rid of this shared memory. )

Thanks,
Eric

--=20
Author: Yang, Eric [IBM GSA]
  INET: Eric.Yang_at_team.telstra.com=20

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Jul 28 2000 - 02:14:06 CDT